Monday, September 22, 2008

Waiting for Odysseus

This is a book I read about a month ago, and I also have reviewed it on amazon.com.

The story is about a woman named Jessica, who loses the love of her life in a tragic accident, and then has to learn to live without him.  It tells the story of their love and life together, and the story of her first year after his death and how she learns to live again.
Just from the description of the story on the back cover, I knew I would like this book. As I started reading, I found myself unable to put the book down. It is written in a refreshingly quirky style, that I can't say I have seen in anything else I have read. 
The story touched me, as I have recently lost a beloved member of my family (though not a "spouse") and could really relate to a lot of what Jessica was feeling regarding the loss of John. It also, in a way, reminded me of the loss of an old flame from my life, though he is not dead in reality, just to me emotionally. 

I think anyone looking for a deep, emotional read should pick up a copy of this book.


No comments: